What happens in Marriage Preparation?
What happens in Marriage Preparation? All couples getting married through City Centre Church must participate in Marriage Preparation based on the following format…
- Couples meet for four one hour sessions with one of our pastoral team members or a counsellor in order to learn basic skills to promote healthy marital interactions and to discuss any personal problems the couples may have faced (using the Enrich Canada material)
- Couples then meet with the officiating pastor to design their wedding ceremony
- Pastor leads the wedding rehearsal and officiates your wedding
What is the format of the sessions?
- Pastor sends a link through email for the couple to complete their PREPARE ENRICH survey at home prior to the first session.
- First Session: Introductions, couple tells their story, initial review of PREPARE ENRICH survey
- Second Session: Review personality profile & communication skills, family history
- Third Session: Conflict Resolution, Partner Style & Habits, Finances, Leisure Activities
- Fourth Session: Sexual Expectations, Family & Friends, Relationship Roles
- Fifth Session: Couple meet with the pastor to design the wedding ceremony
What is the cost and what does it cover?
The suggested honorarium for the Marriage Preparation and Officiating is $300.00. This cost includes:
- A minimum of 4 sessions with the Pastor
- The cost for the online relationship inventory ($50.00)
- The Pastor's time for designing the ceremony, leading the rehearsal, and officiating the ceremony
Once the Pastor has received the honorarium, they will purchase a link to Prepare-Enrich and begin the process.
*For more information about the PREPARE ENRICH program go to https://enrichcanada.ca/about/